We found this great recipe online at www.verybestbaking.com
Hope you like it!
Pots of Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cream Pie
Written by Jenny -
One of the top recipes from this summer’s pie contest that really peaked my interest (and taste buds too) was Maggie Moran’s Pots of Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cream Pie! Summer seems so long ago now that Thanksgiving is on our minds but I do have to tell you this was a hit in our kitchen. We loved that this cream pie was portioned into individual servings, Maggie’s idea of serving in half-pint canning jars and of course, its taste.
This recipe is a snap to put together. The hardest part of it is waiting for them to chill but we won’t hold it against you if sneak a taste! As your spoon dips in, you will taste the whipped topping, creamy filling, yummy dulce de leche and then the graham cracker crust. Perhaps all of these will end up on your spoon at one time!
We thank you Maggie for your recipe inspiration. We look forward to making it throughout the year.
Ingredients for 10 servings:
• 1 sleeve graham crackers, finely crushed (1 1/4 cups)
• 5 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
• 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, chilled
• 1 box (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus additional for dusting
• 1 tub (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
• 1 can (13.4 ounces) NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Dulce de Leche
Combine graham crackers and butter in small bowl. Spoon about 2 measuring tablespoons into each of ten half-pint canning jars, custard cups and/or ramekins.
Pat crust down with back or side of measuring spoon.
Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice in large mixer bowl; beat for 1 minute or until blended.
Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping.
Warm dulce de leche in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 15 to 20 seconds to soften; stir well. Spoon dulce de leche on top of each crust. Spoon in about 1/2 cup pumpkin filling.
Top with a dollop of remaining whipped topping and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice. Keep refrigerated at least 2 hours before serving.